I got nominated for a Liebster award by zozespot whose very moving blog you can find at http://neveraloneblog.wordpress.com/
I really appreciate it. I am quite new to this site and I’ll participate even though I am fearful of doing it wrong. Already I still can’t seem to add a clickable link! Grrrr
If I understand correctly you have to list 11 things about yourself, then ask 11 questions and nominate 11 other people who have less than 200 followers.
11 never seemed such a huge number before but here I goes!
- 11 Things About Myself:
1. I have three kids. Two of them are grown and moved away and one is still at home.
When he moves away I will probably follow him (but don’t tell him that)
2.I live in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia and have for the last 30 years.
3.I was born in Washington DC but raised in the suburbs of Maryland.
4.I lost my mother in ’94 and my dad last February
5.I never see my grandsons because they live so far away and that makes me sad
6.I have been married twice and don’t really think a third time is the charm.
7.I was raised as a Catholic but my faith has seen better days. I am okay with that but so many others that are close to me are not. And that, more than my diminished faith is what bothers me most. This too is a post I am working on. (My draft folder overfloweth)
8.I value loyalty; I believe too highly, I find I am often saddened and disappointed by what I view as a lack of loyalty in others.
9.Like my father used to always tell me would happen when I was a teenager, sometimes my smart mouth gets me in trouble.
10.I wrote my first poem when I was 9 and I entitled it “When I Grow Up”. My parents had me read it for every aunt and uncle that came to visit for the next month or so. From that moment on I was dubbed a writer by my family. I can still recite it by heart.
11.I love photography, especially landscapes. My two favorite collections are: “Barns” and “Country Roads”
Now to answer zozespot’s questions:
1. Why do you blog? Like so many it seems, when I grow up I want to be a writer.
2. Favorite colour?: It’s hard to pick just one, I enjoy photography and so my favorite color is wherever the light is.
3. 3 things you love about yourself (don’t be shy!): I am funny. I am smart. And although my looks have faded with time I am still quite beautiful.
4. Favorite song: My favorite songs change like the bill board chart. My last favorite song was Gautier’s Somebody That You Used to Know.
5. Do you think voting is important? I think voting is important but I think it’s more important to educate yourself on the issues and make informed choices.
6. What is your ultimate dream? Well since I am already funny, smart, and beautiful; I would like to be rich.
7. Who was your first crush or infatuation? My lands child, I do not remember! That was so long ago and there have been so many come and so many go I am thinking about writing a post or two about them. Perhaps I will entitle them Boys Gone Bye or The Somebody’s I Used to Know .
8. Would you rather be cremated or buried? (depressing I know, but death is inevitable!): Cremated! Although I love to photograph cemeteries I think their time is past. My mother is buried in an old family plot but since I do not live near there nor does any of my family, I haven’t been there since she was put in the ground. I do not believe the earthly vessels we embalm, dress all fancy and bury in a box are who we are when we pass. I also think that we are such a mobile society any more things like family plots are passé.
9. Do you have any children or do you want to have children someday? I have three. See above.
10. What is your secret talent? It’s such a well kept secret even I don’t know!
11. What is on your mind right now (the last thing you ate maybe?): I think I may be single again and I am trying to decide if that’s a good thing or; not.
Next was the hardest part of this challenge, I know it’s a nomination not a challenge but believe me, this part was a challenge!
Here I nominate 11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers. This was a challenge for me because I have only been active on this site for a few weeks but I did it and I hope, whether the nominees decide to participate or not you enjoy my choices and learn something from each of them. I did.
I hope you will give them a peek and see how they do in this
challenge, uh er nomination and how they will answer MY questions!!
Next it seems I need to come up with 11 questions of my own to ask of those I nominate
1. Who was/is the most influential person in your life?
2. What have they done to influence you?
3. Who was/is the most inspiring person in your life?
4. What have they done to inspire you?
5. If you could interview a celebrity living or dead who would you choose?
6. What would is the one question you would ask him/her?
7. Do you have a place you go to be alone with your thoughts that gives you a feeling on inner peace?
8. Which of your blood relatives are you closest too?
9. Which blog post is your favorite so far?
10. Is it also your most popular?
11. What is your next project?
There are 4 steps to receiving this award..
List 11 things about yourself.
Answer your nominator’s 11 questions.
Choose up to 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and ask them your own questions.
Inform your nominees of their award nominations.