The Courtyard by Marriott hotel is located at 900 F Street, NW in the Penn Quarter neighborhood of Washington, D.C. It was designed by Arthur Heaton and James Hill in 1891. The Richardsonian Romanesque building was originally owned by the Washington Loan and Trust Company. It was purchased by Riggs Bank in 1954 and placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1971.
On the left is the Warder Building, designed by Nicholas T. Haller in 1892. It’s now part of the International Spy Museum complex located on the 800 block of F Street, NW. That entire block is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Both buildings are contributing properties to the Downtown Historic District and Pennsylvania Avenue National Historic Site